Several people who are new to SEO have contacted me asking for some basic SEO advice. I understand that a newcomer can sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of information they can find when they start to be interested in SEO. You can hire an SEO expert or agency like MX / COM if you have the budget. Otherwise, 500 page SEO books start with the basics and cover all aspects. Therefore, it is not surprising that some do not fully understand some of the methods used in the SEO world. I decided to do this little blog post to go over some basics. If you are already familiar with SEO, you might find it boring. I am sorry.
Ok, let’s say you want to rank higher for a particular keyword. For example, “SEO.” Here are some basic tips:
- your keyword in your site name and use H1 HTML tags.
- Place your keyword in your subtitles and use the H2 tag.
- Add your keyword to the body of your site. Don’t lose your mind. Just mention your keyword several times in your blog posts, for example. Make it look normal to the naked eye.
- Use strong tags for your keywords. This will tell search engines that these keywords are important.
- It helps to have your keyword in your domain name.
- Name the images you use on your site accordingly and use alt text.
That is just about everything. Now that your site is well configured and your web design is compatible with your on-page SEO, it’s time to get backlinks. This is the hardest and most important part of SEO. It would help if you had your keyword in the anchor text. It would help if you had quality links to related sites. If you are trying to optimize for the keyword “SEO,” get site links on SEO. You also need to mix and match your anchor text. If you optimize SEO keywords, you need to vary your anchor text a bit. For example, a link could be “SEO blog,” another “SEO advice,” another “learn SEO,” and so on. Your success depends on the quantity and quality of the backlinks you get. And don’t forget that quality takes precedence over quantity. We hope this helps you get started. Google has also made an interesting guide to SEO.